- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Reviews & Ratings
5 Customer Reviews
"Very enjoyable stay."
The bungalows are a good standard and the extensive grounds make for some fantastic walks. We found the reception and cafe/bar staff to be very friendly and helpful.
"Really enjoyed our stay."
The accomodations was comfortable and well appointed. Only one suggestion would be an additional toilet which would easily fit in the bathroom. 1 toilet when 6 people can stay is pushing it. The small toilet room needs redesign. If an older person fell you would not be able to open the door to help them. Sliding door or opening outwards would be advisable.
"It would be helpful if you could extend the pool usage hours, at least during the summer."
. 9 am to 4 pm is not convenient for everyone
"We enjoyed a lovely week, thank you."
The staff were all very helpful and friendly. We particularly enjoyed using the swimming pool.
"Really peaceful and enjoyable holiday, very nice surroundings, the cottages are of a very high standard"
- Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 2 x twin
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, and basin
- Cloakroom with basin and WC
- Open-plan living space with kitchen, dining and sitting area
- Utility cupboard
- External shared games room
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven and ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, freezer
- TV, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Off-road parking for 2 cars
- Garden with lawn, patio and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2.7 miles, pub, 1 mile
- Note: Guests have access to a games room, children's play area, on-site bar area, indoor pool, woodland walks, bar area, 2 x fishing lakes, gym, tennis courts, restaurant, laundrette
- Note: The park and facilities on offer have limited times and some facilities need to be booked in advance at reception
- Note: Some facilities are 18+ only
- Note: The site is accessed via a single track and up a slight hill
- Note: Check-in from 4pm, check-out by 10am
- Note: No bikes, scooters and skateboards are permitted on-site
- Note: Registered assistance dogs are accepted at sites with registration paperwork, however, they will need to adhere to on-site rules and not be left alone in the property
- Prior agreement from centres will be required
- Paperwork is required to be submitted at the time of final payment to arrival
- Note: No facilities to charge electric cars on site
- Note: Use of plug sockets and extension leads is not allowed
- Note: Barbecues are allowed on the patio only, not on grass or picnic benches
- Note: No stag, hen or similar parties
- Note: Please bring extra towels for swimming
- There will be no facilities open onsite between 24/12/23 - 06/01/24 ( swimming pool , bar, launderette, cafe )
The beautiful Harcombe House Bungalow 7 can be found on the expansive 320-acre Harcombe House estate in Chudleigh, Devon.
Harcombe House Bungalow 7 is ideally located near Dartmoor National Park and the beautiful Devon coast, with the added benefit of access to a variety of onsite amenities such as a restaurant, café, games room, swimming pool, gym, and tennis court.
Unwind on the plush corner sofa and watch a movie on the flat-screen TV in the large, open-concept living space; cook a meal in the well-appointed kitchen and enjoy it at the dining table for six or alfresco on the patio over a bottle of celebratory fizz.
If you’re not ready for the evening to end, why not head to the shared games room where you can challenge your loved ones to a game of air hockey or table football?
When you’re eyes start to grow heavy, retreat to one of three tastefully decorated bedrooms, a double and two twins, all with access to a bathroom and a handy cloakroom, so there is no need to worry about morning queues!
For a memorable getaway to Devon, choose Harcombe House Bungalow 7.
Note: This property can be booked with Refs: 1088001, 1088113, 1088114, 1088115, 1088116, 1088117, 1107646, 1107647, 1088120, 1088121, 1088122, together sleeping up to 71 guests.
Choose a holiday that helps others.
This property is part of The Fire Fighters Charity, and the profits they make from your booking will help fund the health and wellbeing support they provide for people in the UK fire and rescue services community.
You can learn more about the Charity at www.firefighterscharity.org.uk.
The Harcombe House Bungalows
The Harcombe House Bungalows consists of 12 beautifully-presented bungalows resting within 320 acres of glorious woodland in a magnificent Grade II listed centre for the Fire Fighters Charity, near the idyllic village of Chudleigh, Devon. This collection offers light and airy open-plan living spaces, contemporary décor and furnishings, off-road parking, gardens with furniture, perfect for alfresco dining, and a wealth of on-site facilities, including access to a games room, indoor swimming pool, café, restaurant, tennis court, gym, launderette, children’s play area, woodland walks, and two fishing lakes, making them a lovely base for friends, families and couples seeking a relaxing getaway. If you fancy venturing off-site for the evening, why not treat your loved ones a tasty meal at the popular Highwayman’s Haunt or Bishop Lacy, order in from a good selection of takeaways, or stock up on essentials at the well-stocked convenience stores. For a wider selection of amenities, head over to Newton Abbott, home to the Newton Abbot Races which take place from March to October, along with the Newton Abbot Town and GWR Museum, and Decoy Country Park. For scenic hikes and bike rides, make your way into the Dartmoor National Park, where you can wander up tors, soak up the sights of ancient woodlands and waterfalls, and tour National Trust sites. For a taste of city life, why not head to Exeter, where you will find a magnificent cathedral, Royal Albert Memorial Museum and Art Gallery, Bill Douglas Cinema Museum, Exeter Historic Guildhall, and Clifton Hill Golf Driving Range. A getaway to Devon doesn’t get much better than with a stay at The Harcombe House Bungalows.
About the location
Newton Abbot 7.6 miles; Exeter 10.9 miles; Torquay 14.4 miles
Chudleigh is an ancient wool town resting in the Teignbridge District area of Devon, with plenty of history and scenic sights to explore at any time of year. The town has history dating back to the Saxon times, with many place names from this time still being seen today, as well as historic wonders such as caves at Rock, as well as an Iron Age hillfort overlooking the town. Chudleigh also hosts a good range of amenities, including two pubs, an English restaurant, convenience stores, quaint shops, and much more to assist on a self-catered stay. The Teign Valley is a dramatically steep wooded valley to the Eastern flank of Dartmoor National Park between the villages of Dunsford in the North and Chudleigh to the South. The villages of Christow, Lower and Higher Ashton, Dunsford and Hennock are peaceful locations for holidays with beautiful scenery all around with hills, fields, rivers and stunning thatched cottages. The entire area in and around Chudleigh is a walker's paradise with magnificent views to be admired. If you’re feeling a little more energetic then you could try your hand at rock climbing, go kayaking on the nearby River Teign, mountain biking or trekking around the location and beyond. Spend a day in the tradition seaside town of Dawlish, perfect for relaxing beach days with a variety of family-friendly attractions and amusements, while The Lawn and Brook is where you can find the famed majestic black swans. Spend a day in the ancient town of Exeter, with its wonderful City Walls encompassing its centre as well as the wonders of its Gothic cathedral, Exeter Castle, and many more landmarks awaiting to be discovered. With easy access into the Dartmoor National Park, and within easy reach of all of the excitement of Newton Abbot, Torquay and Paignton, there's no better choice than a trip to Chudleigh to explore the coast and countryside of Devon.
Please note the Charity sites allow for a quiet, relaxing stay. We ask that you respect and do not disturb our other guest.
There will be no facilities open onsite between 24/12/23 - 06/01/24 ( swimming pool , bar, launderette, cafe )
This property offers the following short breaks: