- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
- Five bedrooms: 1 x super-king-size (zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x king-size with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x ground-floor king with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, and WC, 1 X ground-floor double with ensuite, 1 x twin, 1 x ground-floor twin with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Ground-floor shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC
- Open-plan living space with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove
- Open-plan living space with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric flame-effect fire
- Oil central heating
- 2 x electric oven and hob, 2 x fridge/freezer, 2 x washing machine, 2 x dishwasher
- 2 x TVs and WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off-road parking available
- Enclosed lawned garden with picnic bench
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, pub 0.9 miles
- Note: Check-in from 4pm, check-out by 10am
Southerness 5.1 miles.
Beachcombers' Cottage, a beautiful six-bedroom home, is nestled in Kirkbean near Southerness, Dumfries and Galloway.
This delightful holiday house offers a warm and inviting atmosphere featuring a woodburning stove and electric fireplace, bedrooms with en-suites, an enclosed garden, as well as ample off-road parking.
Located just a short distance from the coast, Beachcombers' Cottage is the perfect getaway for families and friends alike seeking an escape to the coast.
A bright, welcoming atmosphere flows throughout the open-plan living spaces, where you'll find fully-equipped kitchens, dining areas with ample seating, and plush sitting spaces complete with heating sources and two TVs for relaxing whilst watching the latest programmes and films.
Kick back in the conservatory for a refreshing cup of tea while admiring the views of the surrounding countryside and coastline.
When day turns into night, head to wind the day down in one of the six spacious bedrooms, which include a super-king-size, a king-size with en-suite bath, and two ground-floor doubles with their own en-suite facilities, with a further communal shower room also available.
When you're ready, take the time to explore the local area of Kirkbean with its shingle beach and fresh sea air, as well as nearby Castle Douglas with its quaint shops and eateries.
Immerse yourself in the vibrant culture of Dalbeattie, where you can enjoy a range of attractions from the Dalbeattie Museum Trust, the Dalbeattie Golf Club, and the Birchvale Theatre, whilst you can also stock up on essentials at the convenience store.
Make the car journey to Dumfries, home to the Robert Burns House, the Robert Burns Centre, and the Michelin-starred restaurant of 1610.
Or explore the nearby town of Annan that is lined with galleries, museums, and independent cafes, before venturing into the enchanting Galloway Forest Park renowned for its iconic mountain ranges, wild herds of goats, and captivating lochs and forests.
Choose Beachcombers' Cottage for a memorable holiday in Scotland.
EPC Rating: Band F
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £600.
About the location
Castle Douglas 19 miles; Dalbeattie 13 miles; Dumfries 16 miles.
Southerness is a small coastal village established in the late 18th century, which looks out over the Solway Firth, and forms part of the Colvend coast, one of the finest stretches of coastline on the 'Scottish Riviera'. Home to three pubs, two village stores, a leisure centre with a pool at Parkdean and two miles of sandy beaches with sand dunes, rock pools and Gulf Stream warmed waters, and one of the oldest lighthouses in Scotland, built in 1748, it has everything you will need for a relaxing holiday. The nearby Criffel Hill rises to 569m, offers wonderful views of the farmland and the sands of the Nith Estuary below, and provides great walking opportunities. The Southerness Championship Golf Course adjoins the village and offers panoramic views of the Solway Firth, the Cumbrian Lake District to the south and the Galloway Hills to the west. A great location, with something to keep everybody occupied.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute