- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
1 Customer Review
"We had a wonderful week and the size of bedrooms and bathrooms was really good."
The seating wasn’t particularly comfortable but it rarely is in a lodge/caravan. The kitchen was lacking in serving dishes and oven baking trays. We actually bought some for our own use. Overall, it was a lovely lodge and we would very happily book it again
There are no reviews featuring this term Show all reviews
This property is part of the Lake District Lodge Holidays collection.
From the moment you arrive in the Lake District there is a huge choice of activities and things to see as you take in Britain’s latest World Heritage Site – it’s the only National Park to be recognised for such status.
- Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size with TV and en-suite walk-in shower, basin, heated towel rail and WC, 1 x king-size with TV, 1 x twin
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Open-plan living space with kitchen, dining area and sitting area
- Central heating
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, wine cooler, washer/dryer, dishwasher
- 3 x TVs, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off-road parking for 1 car
- Enclosed rear decking with furniture
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 0.5 miles, pub 0.4 miles, lake 0.1 miles
- Note: There are steps up to the entrance of the property
- Note: Check-in from 4pm, check-out at 10am
- Note: Complimentary WiFi is provided by the park and subject to fair usage guidelines, Quality and reliability of connection will vary based on the number of people using it, prevailing weather conditions and therefore may be limited or slower than you are used to, WiFi is for personal use only and is not intended for high data usage, gaming and/or use for business purposes, This is only suitable for page browsing and sending emails, Bookings cannot be accepted if they are solely reliant on the provision of uninterrupted and unlimited Wi-Fi, We are not held responsible or liable for the WiFi on the park
- If you encounter any issues with the WiFi, please contact Fallbarrow Park reception
- Note: Check in is from 4pm, check out at 10am
- Note: There are steps up to the property
- Note: The decking is directly above the lake, please ensure children are supervised
- Please Note: Lakeshore access there is a bit of a drop to uneven rocks, we advise child supervision is at all times due to the access
- Access to the local leisure facilities is complimentary and can be withdrawn at any time without financial penalty, we as the letting agent or the property owner cannot be held responsible for this provision in service, as it’s subject to third-party provider located off site.
Serendipity, settled in the picturesque Lake District National Park is a beautiful open-plan property with stunning lakeside views.
Take in the gorgeous scenery from the enclosed decking and admire the tranquil surroundings from the comfort of your own holiday home.
After finding the off-road parking, you'll be just steps away from the local amenities and amenities, making it easy to explore the wonders of this stunning region.
Step into the heart of the Lake District National Park and enter a truly special single-storey property, with off-road parking, you can relax and explore with ease.
The open-plan living space is inviting and homely, with a fully-equipped kitchen, dining area and sitting area; perfect for cooking up a storm and gathering around for meals with your loved ones.
After dinner, you can snuggle up with a movie on the TVs in each of the three bedrooms or gather in the plush sitting area where you can share stories and play games until sundown.
If you prefer to spend your evenings alfresco, let the natural beauty of the Lakes District be your backdrop for a memorable getaway and enjoy the scenic views from the comfort of the enclosed decking.
Alternatively, when sleep calls, escape to the master king-size bedroom, featuring an en-suite shower room, so you can freshen up or wind down with ease.
The family bathroom also provides an idyllic spot to indulge a soak at the end of a long day, while getting lost in a book or sipping a cold glass of wine.
Slope off into a relaxing slumber in one of three lovely bedrooms, ready for another day of exciting adventures.
A stay at this property is a must for those wishing to explore the very best of the Lake District.
Venture to Ambleside, a charming market town which is incredibly popular with visitors due to its selection of independent shops, galleries, eateries and theatres.
Head further and discover the culturally-rich and historic town of Kendal, renowned for its woollen mills and castle.
Spend a day at Bowness-on-Windermere and take to the water, go to the Beatrix Potter Centre, or, for those looking for more adventure, try the water sports and boat tours available.
Finally, explore the beauty of the Lake District National Park, where you will find some of the most stunning walks in the country, or admire the scenic views from the comfort of your holiday home.
Enjoy all of this and more from the welcoming base of Serendipity
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £150.
About the location
- Windermere Train Station 1.5 miles: Ambleside 5 miles
- Kendal 7 miles
The vibrant twin towns of Bowness and Windermere hold enduring appeal for visitors to the Lake District National Park, with each providing a range of nearby attractions, amenities, cinema, shops and restaurants to suit all tastes. A variety of boat trips and boat hire are available from Windermere Lake Cruises in Bowness to Brockhole, Ambleside and Lakeside (at the southern end of the lake where the Lakeside Aquarium and the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway are situated). The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction and the Old Laundry Theatre are 1.5 miles away. Orrest Head, where Alfred Wainwright was inspired to write his series of iconic guidebooks, is a 30-minute walk to enjoy the spectacular panorama of far-reaching views over the lake and surrounding fells. Brockhole, which offers high wire tree top experiences, is three miles away, and the historic villages of Grasmere, Ambleside and Troutbeck are a short drive away. There is also a variety of watersports on offer for the more energetic at marine centres along the lake. The area is ideally situated for exploring all that this region has to offer, whether by foot, bike, car, railway or bus; and is within easy reach of attractions such as the spectacular Langdales, Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top House at Far Sawrey, Coniston, Grizedale Forest Park, with its delightful walks and famous outdoor sculptures, mountain biking and 'Go-Ape' adventure park, Ullswater, Kendal, Keswick, stone circles, Roman forts and England's highest mountain, Scafell Pike.
View more holiday cottages in Bowness-on-windermere
Serendipity is accessed by 4 steps and then everything is all on the same level.
Fallbarrrow Park management lock the entrance gates at midnight. If you are arriving after midnight, please call the night warden.
There is a Good Housekeeping Bond of £150 for this property.
Please note, charging of electric vehicles is not permitted in this lodge, The nearest charging point can be found at Booths Supermarket in Windermere.
Park Rules and Operations – Fallbarrow
All holiday parks are owned and managed by a separate company to ourselves. Lake District Lodge Holidays has no association with the owners of these parks or responsibility for the provision of services they offer. At certain times of year, there maybe a reduction in those services, which is outside of our control.
Commercial vehicles, caravans, camper vans, Hen or Stag parties are not permitted onsite. Dogs must be kept on leads at all times and are not be left alone in the lodges at any point during your stay.
You will be staying on an operational holiday park, which means work may be undertaken from time to time by the park owners during your stay. Although Lake District Lodge Holidays will always try to inform guests in advance if something may impact on a stay and if we have prior knowledge. We cannot be held responsible or accept any liability for park operations of which are outside of our control and which we have no knowledge of.
Any issues relating to a stay at a privately owned lodge should be reported back through Lake District Lodge Holidays as the park are not responsible for managing the lodge or booking for private sublet guests during their stay.
Complimentary WiFi is provided by the park and subject to fair usage guidelines, Quality and reliability of connection will vary based on the number of people using it, prevailing weather conditions and therefore may be limited or slower than you are used to, WiFi is for personal use only and is not intended for high data usage, gaming and/or use for business purposes, This is only suitable for page browsing and sending emails, Bookings cannot be accepted if they are solely reliant on the provision of uninterrupted and unlimited Wi-Fi, We are not held responsible or liable for the WiFi on the park. If you encounter any issues with the WiFi, please contact Fallbarrow Park reception.
This property offers the following short breaks: