- These terms and conditions apply to the "April 2019 Prize Draw: Win a £1000 holiday holiday" competition ("The Competition") run by Sykes Cottages Limited ("Sykes") and, by claiming the prize, entrants will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and agree to be bound by them.
- The competition is open to any person aged 18 and over, except for employees of Sykes and their families, partners, and anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the promotion.
- The Competition prize is £1,000 of Sykes holiday vouchers.
- Methods of entry: "Book a holiday (worth 5 entries)",
"Engage with us on social media (worth 1 entry)",
"Enter your email address (worth 3 entries)",
"Download (and Login to) our new App (Worth 3 entries)"
and "Leave us a Review (Worth 3 entries)" and
"Singing up to Sykes loyalty Scheme (worth 3 entries)".
- Sykes Cottages reserves the right to alter or amend the methods of entry or The Competition at any time.
- To enter The Competition, the described action must be completed between 00.01 01/04/2019 and 23.59 31/04/2019.
- The method of entry "Book a holiday (worth 5 entries)" describes the action of booking a holiday and not the date of the holiday itself.
- Multiple entries by the same person will only be accepted for entries via "Book a holiday" and "Engage with us on social media".
- The method of entry "Engage with us on social media"
describes the action of commenting on Sykes' competition post
on Facebook and commenting on our competition post on Instagram.
- The method of entry "Engage with us on social media",
the separate channels, Facebook and Instagram, are considered
unique. Therefore, two entries in total are available for someone
who comments on the Facebook competition post and comments on the
Instagram competition post.
- The method of entry "Leave us a review", describes the action of clicking the link, in an email, we'll send you shortly after your holiday, and leaving us a review on our website. To enter via this method, you must have stayed with Sykes Cottages within the last twelve (12) months and be the person who made the booking.
- The method of entry "Download (and Login to) our new App (Worth 3 entries)", describes the action of downloading and logging in to Sykes' app for the first time (available on iPhone and Android).
- The method of entry "Enter your email address", describes the action of subscribing to our emails by entering your email into one of our sign up forms on the Sykes website. This method of entry is only available to new subscribers.
- The method of entry "Signing up to Sykes Loyalty
Scheme", describes the action of singing up to Sykes loyalty
Scheme on our website or through email invitation.
- Bonus method of entry for people subscribed to email marketing: On receiving a launch email for the competition, "click on the link below' titled "Enter me into the competition" describes the action of clicking the email button and qualifies for one entry into the competition. This method of entry can be used once per email address and is only available to the original recipient of the email.
- The Competition opens at 00.01 01/04/2019 and closes at 23.59 31/04/2019.
- The winner will be selected at random and contacted before 21/05/2019. Winners must claim their prize within 10 working days of notification or the prize will be void and a new winner selected.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Sykes' decision on the winner is final.
- The winner must provide proof of identity upon request.
- Sykes Cottages is entitled to refuse to process any prize where it deems necessary. For example, if you are unable to or fail to produce sufficient identification when claiming a prize.
- Sykes Cottages will not be held accountable for any costs, losses, damages and expenses (including travel fees) which the winner may incur in relation to The Competition or prize or as a result of any misrepresentation of the prize.
- Sykes Cottages reserves the right to declare The Competition null and void and stage another competition in its place.
- The Competition prize is valid for a period of two (2) years from the date of issue. Any remaining balance on a gift voucher may no longer be used after the expiry of its validity period.
- The Competition prize is non-transferable and there shall be no alternative prize or cash alternative offered.
- By claiming The Competition prize constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England.