Want to enter 2018 feeling calm, collected and revitalised? After all the excess and over-indulgence of the festive period...
Here at Sykes Cottages, we love to take the time out of our busy schedule and head north to the beautiful country of Scotland. From the quiet villages in the highlands to the lively cities in the lowlands and all the coastal towns in-between, we know that Scotland is the ideal destination for a summer’s getaway. We’re rather smitten with Scotland and would hope that you feel the same way, but if you’re not yet convinced about this fabulous country then take a look at our top ten reasons to visit Scotland this summer and I’m sure by the end of the post you’ll have your bags packed ready to leave on a Scottish adventure!
1. It’s the Year of Homecoming! Scotland welcomes the world to celebrate Scottish history and culture this summer.
2. Glasgow is hosting the 2014 Commonwealth Games. With over 18 sporting events, Glasgow is a must for sports fans.
3. There’s 1,000 reasons to see the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo perform this year. That’s 1,000 musicians, drummers, pipers, singers and dancers entertaining the crowds in front of the spectacular Edinburgh Castle.
4. Elgin is hosting a spectacular food and drink festival which will showcase a delightful selection of Scottish produce.
5. The world’s largest arts festival is held annually in Scotland’s capital. The Edinburgh Festival Fringe expects to welcome over one million visitors this year!
6. Just look at that beach! Did you know that compared to England and Wales, Scotland has almost double the length of coastline?
7. The world sheepdog trials will take place in Ross-Shire in September and will see competitors coming from as far away as Canada and New Zealand.
8.Throughout August, the seas around Scotland will be filled with whales, dolphins, porpoise and seals, perfect for wildlife lovers!
9. You can experience Scotland’s rich culture with the royal family themselves at the Braemar Highland Games.
10. The Ryder Cup returns to Scotland this year and is being played at the wonderful Gleneagles Hotel.
It’s not too late to book your summer holiday to Scotland; we have a number of beautiful Scottish holiday cottages which would make ideal accommodation for a family escape, romantic retreat or a group getaway. Simply go to the Sykes Cottages website or give us a call to find out more.
Are you on the phone to our call centre? Your Customer ID is: rb7iur04