There aren’t many better ways to experience picture-perfect scenery than on a UK cycling holiday, so we have collated...
As one of the UK’s most popular holiday destinations, both for Brits and those travelling from abroad, the Isle of Wight needs no introduction. However, there are still many of you out there who haven’t visited this beautiful place and so we’ve made it our personal mission to convince you! Here are ten reasons why you should pay a visit to the Isle of Wight as soon as possible:
1. The beaches are some of the best in the UK, with over 57 miles of stunning coastline on offer.
2. It’s not only the beaches that are pretty here, the villages aren’t too bad either!
3. You’ll be spoilt for choice with all the delicious food on offer.
4. There are plenty of fun festivals throughout the year, from Old Gaffers to the Garlic Festival!
5. The island is actually one of the best places for dinosaur discovery in Europe and at Compton Bay you can see real dinosaur footprints at low tide!
6. There are plenty of spectacular walking and cycling paths for you to explore.
7. The island also has a thriving population of endangered red squirrels. It is actually an offence to introduce grey squirrels to the island.
8. It’s officially the sunniest place in the UK, with over 1,800 hours of sunshine a year- perfect for a summer holiday!
9. The Isle of Wight is the home of yachting and the sailing here is considered some of the best in the world.
10. “It is impossible to imagine a prettier spot” said Queen Victoria of her Isle of Wight holiday home- well, if it’s good enough for royalty!
To see our full collection of holiday cottages in the Isle of Wight then please visit our website. We have a dedicated team of holiday advisors who are on hand seven days a week from 9am until 9.30pm. You can get in touch by giving us a call on 01244 356 695 or by emailing us; we’d be delighted to help you to book your Isle of Wight holiday!
Are you on the phone to our call centre? Your Customer ID is: